Click here for the Archdiocesan application (required)
To apply, send a completed application, cover letter, and resume or CV to Fr. Bill McKee, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to our office.
I. POSITION PURPOSE
Performs, oversees and/or directs administrative functions for the parish including human resources, finance, technology and facilities functions. Assures compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations. Assures compliance with Archdiocesan and Church laws, rules, regulations and policies.
II. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
A. PARISH MISSION
Collaborate with the pastor and other staff in implementing the mission of the parish. This is accomplished by participating in the comprehensive planning, implementation and evaluation of the parish goals and objectives, with specific focus on prudent stewardship of the parish’s human, financial and capital resources. This includes the recruitment, development, and formation of parish members for the commissions, committees and ministry groups that bring the mission of the parish into reality.
B. HUMAN RESOURCES
1. Respond to pastoral care needs of parishioners and those calling or visiting parish office. This is accomplished by actively listening to the situation presented, directing the person to the pastor or other staff member as needed and/or referring them to other organizations for outreach assistance. Follow-up with individual as needed
2. Assure the parish has qualified and competent employees to lead parish ministries and programs meeting Archdiocesan, state and federal requirements, policies and standards. Manages human resource
functions for the parish, including salary administration and employee benefits. Assist in the recruitment, hiring process and orientation/onboarding for new employees. Collaborates with the pastor when employee improvement plans are needed and with termination actions. Maintains confidential personnel records.
3. Assist in the preparation of the monthly staff meetings and assist in planning staff retreats and workshops
4. Assures all staff and volunteers are in compliance with archdiocesan safe environment training, protocols and regulations.
5. Serves as liaison and public relations representative between staff members, parishioners, committee members, vendors and others visiting or calling the parish.
6. Supervise parish bookkeeper, clerical, administrative staff members. Provides guidance, mentoring, training, development and corrective action as necessary. Conduct annual staff evaluations and maintain an open line of communication with staff under supervision
7. Serve as administrative resource as needed for all consultative groups within the parish
8. Recruit, supervise, train and coordinate office volunteers. Provide guidance, mentoring, training, development and corrective action as necessary. Conduct annual evaluations with volunteers and maintain an open line of communication.
1. In collaboration with the Finance Council, oversees the preparation and administration of capital and fiscal year operating budgets
2. Review/approves financial transactions (accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, payroll) and assures that each is properly recorded in accordance with Archdiocesan policies and procedures
3. Assure all contributions to the parish are accounted for in an accurate and timely manner. Deposits all parish collections on a weekly basis (or more frequently as needed). Coordinates volunteers for money counting and record-keeping tasks. Oversee the payroll processing process accomplished by the bookkeeper. Review and approve employee timesheets and payroll report
4. Review and approve accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions. Review monthly bank statements and monthly parish financial reports
5. Directs annual fundraising events, such as the Annual Catholic Appeal, capital campaigns, and special collections. Collaborates with parish groups on the protocol and guidelines for parish fundraising efforts
6. Coordinates the completion and submission of the fiscal year Parish Annual Report to the Archdiocese. Create and distribute an annual report to parishioners in the fall each year
7. Collaborates with the Pastoral Assistant for Stewardship and Evangelization on the annual stewardship financial renewal program
1. Evaluates office equipment and technology needs. This is accomplished by evaluating office equipment and technology on an on-going basis; researching replacement, upgrade options and funding resources when appropriate.
2. Coordinate the efforts of the parish Communications Team to assess the current state of communications in our parish, recommend and help implement needed changes so as to employ effective internal and external communications among parishioners and community.
3. Coordinate with tech support and/or vendors for upgrades or repairs for all parish equipment such as computer network, phone, webpage, audio/video equipment etc.
4. Provide training and support for staff regarding new and existing software.
1. Assist the Facility and Grounds Commission and the Facility and Grounds Supervisor with management of parish facilities and grounds
2. Prepares and maintains a capital needs budget and facilities life cycle plan.
3. Supervise Facilities Manager. Provides guidance, mentoring, training, development and corrective action as necessary. Conduct annual staff evaluations and maintain an open line of communication with staff under supervision
4. Schedule the use of the facilities which includes coordinating the annual parish calendaring process, maintaining and coordinating the day-to-day scheduling and use of the facility. Assures that all required facility use paperwork is obtained and fees collected.
5. Prepares required annual Archdiocesan/State reports on the non-profit use of the facilities (for property tax purposes). Prepares seasonal calendars for distribution to parishioners
1. Implement the Archdiocesan records retention schedule for parishes. This includes, but is not limited to paper and computer records, archive files and photographic files
2. Purchases office supplies and equipment as necessary.
3. Attend PAA gatherings (annual retreat and regional meetings)
III. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain level of knowledge required for ministry. This is accomplished by reading appropriate materials and attending workshops, classes and conferences. In addition, participate in regional and Archdiocesan trainings and gatherings.
2. Time and availability (Update July 2021- Covid)
During the Covid pandemic, many of the duties associated with this position can be performed from home, however we expect that the employee be on site a minimum of 50% of their working time. Working from home is considered voluntary, so St. John the Baptist will not provide home office equipment other than online access via VPN, VoIP and other services. Employee is expected to be available for evening and weekend work as needed.