Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7
- King County 24-Hour Crisis Line/Línea de crisis las 24 horas (Condado de King): 866-427-4747 (1-866-4CRISIS); Website
- Suicide & Crisis Lifeline/Línea de Prevención del Suicidio y Crisis: 988; English Website; Sitio en Español
- Domestic Violence Hotline/Línea Nacional sobre Violencia Doméstica: 1-800-799-7233 (1-800-799-SAFE); English Website; Sitio en Español
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration) National Helpline/Línea Nacional de Ayuda de SAMHSA (Servicio de Remisión a Tratamiento): 1-800-662-4357 (1-800-662-HELP); English Website; Sitio en Español
- Unexpected Pregnancy: 206-737-9264/Embarazo Inesperado: 206-327-2474; Website
- Post-Abortive Healing: 206-920-6413/Sanación después de un aborto provocado: 206-450-7814; Website
- Archdiocese Victim Assistance Hotline/Línea de Ayuda para Víctimas de la Arquidiócesis: 1-800-446-7762; English Website; Sitio en Español
St. Vincent de Paul: Our St. Vincent de Paul ministry assists local residents with limited financial assistance towards rent or utilities and provides additional resources. To receive assistance from St. Vincent de Paul, please contact the helpline at 206-767-6449. The helpline is answered Monday-Friday from 9 AM to 3 PM.
Vine Maple Place: St. John the Baptist partners with Vine Maple Place, a local Christian organization that breaks the generational cycle of homelessness by working with single parents and their children. Our approach offers safety, provides stability, and equips to self-sufficiency. The vision of Vine Maple Place is to end family homelessness in South King County, resulting in healthier communities where every child and parent has a stable home to grow and thrive. If you live in Kent, Auburn, Renton, Maple Valley, Covington, or Black Diamond; are a single parent with children under the age of 18; and are behind on rent, or losing housing, or are homeless and need housing, please call 425-432-2119 (press 1) or fill out an application here.
In Parish Assistance: We have funds set aside for parishioners in need. We want to make sure that we are there for when you might need a bit of support whether it’s for a power bill, housing cost, or other unexpected expense. These funds are available to all our parish families and are confidential. If you find yourself struggling to make ends meet, please let us know. You can call the parish office or let a staff member know and we will make sure to do what we can to help you through this time.
Food Assistance: There are local food banks available for those in need. Please visit each website for documentation required to receive services.
Covington Residents: The Storehouse
26201 180th Ave SE, Covington, WA 98042
Monday: 4 - 6 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 12 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 12 PM
Kent Residents: Kent Food Bank & Emergency Services
515 W Harrison St, Ste 107, Kent, Washington 98032
Wednesday & Friday: 10 AM - 1 PM
Seniors (55+): Thursdays: 10 AM – 11 AM
Maple Valley Residents: Maple Valley Food Bank
21415 Maple Valley HWY, Maple Valley, Washington 98038
Tuesday: 10:30 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 10:30 AM - 1 PM
Safe Parking: If you are residing in your vehicle, we may be able to help. We work with Catholic Community Services for screening and case management for up to six vehicles to stay overnight on our premises. Pre-screening and registration is required for participation. Please call 253-508-2755 if you are in need of this service.
For more resources, please call 2-1-1 or visit their webpage.