Click the button below to register for a synod listening session. Please only register for a single session. Everyone will be assigned to small groups the day of the session.
The Church wants to hear from all of us and here is your first invitation! This winter, come participate by joining one of our parish synod listening groups!
The word “synod” literally means a path that we are on together. For Pope Francis, Synod is a process of listening sessions held across the globe. He is calling the entire Church to pray and reflect on how the Holy Spirit is leading us toward communion, participation and mission.
Have you ever imagined what it would be like to walk alongside Jesus, as he shared the Good News of salvation? Just as Jesus met people where they were in their lives and listened to what was in their hearts and minds, we too can follow Jesus’ example as we accompany one another.
To help prepare for our sessions, I would invite you to review the eight main objectives Pope Francis has for the Synod. How do they resonate with your hopes and desires for our Church? Please take a moment to ponder and pray to hear how the Holy Spirit is leading us by examining the following questions.
- How has the Holy Spirit guided the Church in the past and how is that same Spirit calling us to witness to God’s love today?
- How can everyone, especially those on the margins, be heard so as to build up the Body of Christ?
- How do we recognize and utilize the gifts and charisms the Spirit gives?
- How is every person called to proclaim the Gospel and build a more beautiful and habitable world?
- How is responsibility and power exercised in the Church and where is there need of reform?
- How can the Church be a credible partner in the advancement of society?
- How do we foster relationships with other Christian communities and people of good will?
- What can we learn from one another (both internationally and locally) about being a synodal church?
Registration is now available for dates in January and February! There are Zoom and in-person gatherings scheduled for each week starting January 18th. Those who register for a Zoom gathering will receive an email with the Zoom link, and may copy the link from the registration form as well. Please contact Anne Frederick (extension 125 or via contact form on this site) for more information.