Week Four of Fr. Jim’s study on Our One Great Act of Fidelity asks us to consider the role of sacrifice and God’s unconditional love for us.
Lent is considered a time of sacrifice and penance. What is more important, the sacrifice or the motivation behind the action?
The Catechism of the Catholic Church informs us that love is when we will the good of the other. How does loving others include the need for sacrifice of self?
- Read the Chapters 8, 9 & 10 of Our One Great Act of Fidelity
- Watch Part Four of Fr. Jim’s video, which is 3 ½ minutes long
Prayerfully reflect on the following questions:
- Think of a time when you received a gift that was undeserved or totally unexpected. How did you feel when it was given to you?
- When have you sacrificed yourself for the good of another?
- When have you found God’s grace present during a time of pain, brokenness or being wounded?
- How does celebrating Eucharist remind you of God’s great and unconditional love for you?