Week Three of Fr. Jim’s study on, Our One Great Act of Fidelity examines Eucharist as “Totus Christus” and our call to move from individualism to the common good.
He also discusses the image of “manna” and meal as it relates to Eucharist.
This Lent, how are your practices of alms, fasting and prayer leading you to deepen your understanding of being a member of the Body of Christ?
WEEK 3 LENT REFLECTION GUIDE
- Read the Chapters 5, 6 & 7 of Our One Great Act of Fidelity
- Watch Part Three of Fr. Jim’s video, which is 12 minutes long
- Prayerfully reflect on the following questions:
- How does celebrating Eucharist help us move from being focused on our individual rights toward the common good and being a member of the Body of Christ?
- Augustine said, “Receive what you are” when distributing Holy Communion. If we become what we receive, how does that transform us to be people of service for others?
- In what ways is the ritual of Eucharist similar to your experience of family meals and celebrations?